For many fitness enthusiasts a perfect body is the philosopher’s stone or even the Holy Grail.
Who can define or delimit perfection?
A perfect body besides its aesthetical value should:
– have absolute symmetry (asymmetric mass distribution is a common problem)
– be strong. Usual daily tasks should be accomplished comfortably.
– have a wide range of motion
– should be healthy and with a strong immune system.
In your effort to build the perfect body you will need 5 weapons. You can collectively call them…
THE FIVE PILLARS OF TOTAL FITNESS
1. Self motivation
Self motivation is an esoteric value permitting someone to:
– set objectives on a continual basis
– assume decisive action
– be endlessly and limitlessly inspired
– continue undaunted despite the adversities.
Self motivation is the attribute that will give you the courage to go on even if blind corners might deter you.
2. Social support
A core of friends and acquaintances will provide you with the necessary moral and psychological support. These people will be your companions and fellow travellers on the fulfillment road.
3. Strength training
For no reason should you underestimate this part of your physical exercise plan.
Strength training will:
– help you to keep/increase your muscle mass
– increase your strength and bone density
– improve your posture and appearance
– protect you from injuries etc.
I strongly recommend circuits with free weights and/or total body workouts.
It’s a very wise investment of your time!
4. Aerobic exercise
Also an absolute must!
– improves cardiovascular system
– improves the ability of oxygen intake and use
– strengthens the immune system
– offers a feeling of well being etc.
Instead of the long and boring to death jogging on the treadmill – recommended only for hamsters – please try High Intensity Interval Training and especially sprints. Excellent way to gain more in less time and thus a perfect choice for your hectic programme.
5. Supportive nutrition
This is what does the difference. Few people know what to eat and even fewer commit to sound nutrition as a way of life.
– Stay away from every type of limiting diets!
– Minimize consumption of processed, packaged non-real foods, usually full with salt, sugar and hydrogenated oils.
– Choose real, unprocessed, not industrialized foods and especially high quality protein from fatless meats and wild, small fish, legumes, vegetables to your free will, some fruits and monosaturated and ?3 fats.
To build a perfect body you will need patience, persistence, commitment, self motivation and right information.
You won’t need any money or maybe only minimal amounts.
Stay away from false promises, tricks, scams, short cuts, crazy diets and passive exercise.