Slap together a simple breakfast sandwich using just 4 ingredients: English muffin, egg, avocado and cheese. Make the eggs ahead of time so that all you have to do in the morning is put your sandwich together.
Simple Egg Sandwiches
- 4 large eggs (50 grams each)
- 4 whole wheat English muffins (66 grams each, approx. 135 calories)
- 1 medium avocado, sliced into 8 wedges
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and use cooking oil to lightly grease 4 wells in a muffin tin. Crack 1 egg into each muffin cup. Bake the eggs for 15-20 minutes.
While the eggs are cooling, slice the English muffins in half. Toast them in a toaster oven. If you don’t have a toaster oven, toast muffins in a non-stick pan over medium heat until both sides are crispy. Set muffins aside.
Build your sandwich by topping one slice of English muffin with 1 egg, 2 avocado wedges and 1 slice of cheese. Place top on English muffin. If you prefer, you can warm the sandwich in the microwave for 20 seconds to melt the cheese.
Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 1 sandwich
Per serving: Calories: 369; Total Fat: 21g; Saturated Fat: 8g; Monounsaturated Fat: 8g; Cholesterol: 241mg; Sodium: 464mg; Carbohydrate: 27g; Dietary Fiber: 6g; Sugar: 3g; Protein: 18g
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 282mg; Iron: 19%; Vitamin A: 10%; Vitamin C: 5%; Calcium: 31%
Energizing Tips (optional)
- Add 2 slices of low-sodium turkey breast deli meat to up protein and flavor. (Per serving: Calories: 416; Fat: 22g; Carbohydrate: 28g; Dietary Fiber: 6g; Sugar: 4g; Protein: 28g)
- Add a 1/4 cup spinach and 2 slices of tomatoes to get your veggies in early. (Per serving: Calories: 372; Fat: 21g; Carbohydrate: 28g; Dietary Fiber: 6g; Sugar: 4g; Protein: 19g)
Photo Credit: Demi Tsasis